Jenvey Throttle Bodies Group Buy - Members only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jenvey Throttle Bodies Group Buy - Members only

THIS GROUP BUY APPLIES TO MEMBERS ONLY - THE DISCOUNT SCHEME IS NOT TO BE ABUSED, ALL MEMBERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE SIMON AT JENVEY A VALID MEMBERSHIP NUMBER. THIS WILL BE MONITERED - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

UPDATE - PAYMENTS TO BE MADE BETWEEN 26TH AND 30TH OF JANUARY.

Hi folks, Have been in contact with jenvey regarding a group buy on there throttle bodies and associated parts, they have agreed to give a 30% discount (20% RR member discount and 10% extra quantity discount) on the retail prices published on there website of all parts except pico injectors (can only offer 20% on those) for a minimum of 5 people. This will include any size throttle bodies you want. Due to time of year i will probably looking to go through with this in january to get christmas out of the way and give people a bit of time to get some cash together, the parts i would want i have listed below with retail prices and group buy prices to show the savings,

Retail Price G/B Price
    42mm TH Bodies (pair) 401 280.70
    Fuel Rail 48 33.60
    Throttle Pot 49.90 34.93
    Trumpets 96 67.20
    regulator housing 39.00 27.30

Total633.90 + VAT 443.73 +VAT
    728.99 inc VAT 510.29 inc VAT

There would also be a manifold to add onto that price (200 + postage for just a manifold or if you want bodies tapering aswell as a manifold it will be 210 + postage from colin), postage from jenvey and a bracket will need making for the throttle cable, so if you would like in on this get your name down serious people only please tho

1. Will_1988 (th42, tapered + 16v sandy manifold) CONFIRMED
    2. Carl Gibson (th42, tapered + 16v sandy manifold) CONFIRMED
    3. David B, TBP45i plus ancillaries. CONFIRMED
    4. Miles D (th42, tapered + 16v sandy manifold) CONFIRMED
    5. Gary (bodgebandit) 45mm parallel bodies, plus linkage ect. CONFIRMED

JUST TO REMIND THE NONE MEMBERS OR EXPIRED MEMBERS ON THE LIST, MEMBERSHIP WILL BE REQUIRED BEFORE THIS GROUP BUY GOES AHEAD AND ALL MEMBERSHIP NUMBERS WILL BE REQUESTED BY SIMON AT JENVEY AND VERIFIED BY BECKI
    Last edited by will_1988; 21-01-2009, 08:01 PM.

is that everything you need to fit the bodies ?? as i might go for these over the bike body option !! ill have a proper think over the next few days and get back to you !!
    Audi B7 RS4 Avant

Comment

I would advise using a cable quadrant type lever rather than the linkage kit. The linkage kit is much more hassle and expense.

The correct quadrant lever is "PQ2" from memory.

Comment

Sounds like a great deal - however this MUST be kept to members only, as abuse of the discount scheme will only end up with the discount being revoked.
        I will keep an eye on this thread
        [CENTER][IMG]http://i26.tinypic.com/ebbhn4.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by tommy_a View Post
          is that everything you need to fit the bodies ?? as i might go for these over the bike body option !! ill have a proper think over the next few days and get back to you !!
          you will also need a manifold, trumpets and then standalone, i havent put a price down for trumpets as jenvey only list 2 lengths for 42mm bodies, both of which carbon so would probably better off finding trumpets from another supplier and as for the manifold, that confused me a bit! not sure if the one listed on the jenvey site will fit these bodies as it says st flange, however i believe sandy has designed a manifold to fit these bodies
          Originally posted by sandy309 View Post
          I would advise using a cable quadrant type lever rather than the linkage kit. The linkage kit is much more hassle and expense.

The correct quadrant lever is "PQ2" from memory.
          thanks for the tip had a quick look but cant seem to find that part number any chance you could take a quick look for me? also would you happen to know which tps we'll need as theres a few listed, i just priced for the most expensive to be safe!
          Originally posted by Becki View Post
          Sounds like a great deal - however this MUST be kept to members only, as abuse of the discount scheme will only end up with the discount being revoked.
          I will keep an eye on this thread
          oky dokey, i wont link this thread to any other clubs then!

Comment

42mm trumpets are expensive so I bypass them, I use 40mm bodies and hence trumpets on engines aiming for less than 180bhp (including projected future specs of course). Otherwise I taper the 42mm bodies to 45mm at the trumpet end, which Jenvey will do to order. On our 8 valve TH inlet, use the 20mm long trumpets. On our 16v TH inlet, use 40mm for good clearance or with a cut scuttle you can comfortably use 60mm-90mm for best spread of power on most engines. The ideal length varies with many factors, but those are sound guidelines for decent results.

It is the PQ2 lever.

The only TU inlet manifolds Jenvey produce are SF/ST types for the TU5J4 and TU5JP4. They are both good set ups but much more complicated to fit than TH bodies on our manifold. I used to use that set up myself habitually and recently got asked to assemble the kit for a customer for the first time in a while; with the porting required and modifications to accomodate the linkages, it was virtually a day's work on top of the normal fitting.

Either TPS will be fine.

Comment

ahh, i see! i would like to leave some room for improvement on my engine spec so the 42mm bodies tapered to 45mm would be the ones for me. I'm willing to cut the scuttle to get enough clearance aswell. My only concern with that however is weather protection with the trumpets up into the scuttle area, have you found this a problem or is it nothing to worry about?

with the PQ2 lever would i still need the linkage mount or can i strike that off my list aswell as the linkage kit? also, i can't see a price listed on the jenvey site, do you know roughly how much the PQ2 Lever is?

also how much do you charge for your TH inlet manifold?

All the advice is greatly appreciated

Comment

cool. ill keep an eye on this thread over the next week or so and give you a definate answer !!
                Audi B7 RS4 Avant

Comment

I will have to do some research into what engine spec I am after, but it's a very probable from me.
                  Thanks for organising it.
                  Mike
                  www.106maxi.co.uk
                  - North West Sports & Saloons Class F 2014 Champion
                  - Winner of Dave Simpson Memorial Trophy

- Britcar 24hour 2015, 2nd in class, 14th O/A
                  - Seat Supercopa

Comment

With the plastic panels kept in place the weather protection is fine with suitable trumpet length.

You don't need the linkage mount either with the PQ2, but a cable bracket needs to be made. The PQ2 is about £20 from memory.

Our inlets are £220 plus postage normally, but if a batch is being sold,this can be discounted slightly because of the benefits of scale in making them.

Comment

If a list of everything needed includeding the pq2 cost wise is made then i am definately in. I just want to no exactly what to order.

I'd also be wanting a sandy 8v manifold.

Comment

good to see some interest! i'm awaiting another reply from simon at jenvey but will update the first post with pretty much everything that will be needed when i get a reply, will be either monday or tuesday

Comment

Could all those requiring manifolds please PM Eeyore directly (stating 8v or 16v, DCOE), so he has a record please to avoid confusion. Tar

Comment

Originally posted by sandy309 View Post
                            Could all those requiring manifolds please PM Eeyore directly (stating 8v or 16v, DCOE), so he has a record please to avoid confusion. Tar
                            I thought we might be better off sorting manifolds out after this has gone ahead, don't want to be stuck with a manifold and no tb's if this falls through!

Comment

Yeah sound however i dont want to end up buying bodies which i carnt buy a manifold to sort my 1.3 easily. Definately up for this in january

Comment

Working...
                              X