Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To: Detailing/Serious Cleaning Guide (in progress)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double polish and triple wax = problem solved for the winter

Would love to machine polish but a) I don't have 1, b) don't know anyone local who has one c) I would burn the paintwork. I'm one of those incompetent people
    [CENTER]Get up to 60% off RAC breakdown cover, 20% off insurances and cashback from pretty much all online retailers. [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]Just click [URL="http://www.cashbackkings.com/?ruid=3017066"]here[/URL] (yes it's genuine)[/CENTER]

Comment

i used the same type as what is in that picture 2nd one down.. i cannot rememebr what its called atm but it is very hard to burn the paint with it,
      [CENTER][IMG]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k205/lineo444/Untitled-1-1.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Comment

Good guide there Nick, have made it sticky for you

Comment

Originally posted by pptom View Post
          Went down the obsessive route myself:

I am now my cars bitch!
          look at all that wasted storage space!! you could fill it with...well....car related guff

Comment

I just pray that it rains really hard and in all directions.

Comment

I used to be into detailing, My DC5 was a bit of a state when I got it, but with a lot of work it imporved 10 fold.

A quick before and after

Comment

wish someone would do this to my car!

amazing work!

Comment

I'd do somebody's car for the right price

Comment

Haha, I only just realised this site has a car cleaning related section.

I hate car cleaning, id rather drive it and blow the engine but for some strange reason today I cleaned/polished one of the rallye arches. Just to see if it would make a difference. Quite surprised, but think i will pay someone to do a proper job

Comment

Don't use ordinary polish on your interior, try cockpit shine, cost about 7 a can, cleans, shines, protects and its available in lots of different scents I love washing and polishing my pug, the only bit I dont like is finding the new scratches and chips when i do, its quite depressing

Comment

You may have mentioned this already. If you use a jet wash to rinse the car down and apply a traffic film remover to get rid the majority on the crap off your car this will prevent alot of paint swirls and scratches. I allways do the sills, wheels arches and the underneath. It sounds silly but it tends to improve brake response and the steering on the car. Everything else in the cleaing guide makes good sense to me.
                        If you can afford it you should try Swissvax polsih for the car. I trained to use thses products and they are amazing, you will love them Even white cars look amazing with this products they have a golden glow about them.

Comment

Working...
                        X