No announcement yet.

S1 Rallye Northern Saloons Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dash that came with the car was very light but had too much chopped out for me. I want the switches mounting at the front and this wasn't possible. I really wanted one of those fibreglass ones from W A S but didn't want to blow 150.

So I dug out the dash that came with the cup car and set about chopping it to suit. I was actually surprised how heavy it was in full trim. Its a shame its not mint condition but hopefully it will clean up ok.

And then trial fitted it in the car along with my seat.

I also sorted out the fuel lines so they should now meet the regs, well once the holes are plugged anyway.

Comment

• Looking great mate, must say the seat looks uncomfortable! How do you find it over race periods?

Comment

• The seat is more confortable than it looks. I havent done any long stints in it, only 20 mins, but its the same seat that goes in Caterham road cars so Im sure it'll be all good.

Comment

• I was about to say it looks the same as a lot of hardcore Caterhams - surprising how something like that can be comfy, but it's more about being supportive with a body-hugging form really... Looking great as ever though.

Comment

• Thanks for the comments guys.

This week Ive just been cutting my new cross member and slam panel pieces ready to get bent. Ive gone for alloy but will have bends in to give it strength. Then if they work out ok Ill have them powder coated.
            This is how the current one is fixed in place

Other than that its taken a lot of time to strip the arms ready for the camber kit. I ended up pulling the whole arm off in the end and using a press to get the stub axle out.

Comment

• Im looking forward to getting it finished and seeing how the increased camber has affected the handling (hopefully for the better). The kit is spot on but working on the old original stuff is the hardest part.
              Here is the kit built up for a trial run

I also got my front cross members back from bending. Im going to wait until the engine is in before I finalise the position of the rad and cooler, then ill get it all powder coated.

I also cut some strengthening plates for the Satchell arms because the original holes had been welded up on the near side and I need to move them back to the original position.

Comment

• Which championship are you going to run it in?
                Northern Loons??
                Mike
                www.106maxi.co.uk
                - North West Sports & Saloons Class F 2014 Champion
                - Winner of Dave Simpson Memorial Trophy

- Britcar 24hour 2015, 2nd in class, 14th O/A
                - Seat Supercopa

Comment

• I havent decided yet Mike, whatever I do this year it wont be a full season anyway. Im hoping to be out in it mid way through the year and hopefully go for a full season in 2017. We are doing a full FunCup season though, but no Spa this year

Comment

• It would be a big commitment to go after two different championships, especially if one is Fun Cup!
                    My mate, who is after one, is testing one of Paul Roses' this Friday.
                    Mike
                    www.106maxi.co.uk

- Seat Supercopa

Comment

• Yea its not going to be easy, I was tempted by TinTops because then its just one day out of the weekend which went down a little better with the wife. Im just going to have a look once the car is ready and see what I fancy.

Is your friend still looking to buy or will he rent one of Pauls? After speaking to Paul at the Autosport he hasn't written the diesel cars out of the regs yet so they can still race.

Comment

• He is testing one of Paul's on Friday.
                        I think he may rent a seat before he commits to buying.
                        Mike
                        www.106maxi.co.uk

- Seat Supercopa

Comment

Working...
                        X