No announcement yet.

Gus - Member Info and Car Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is all for sale, well I haven't had time to advertise it yet, but I do want to sell it. Engine, box & shafts, manifold, ECU & Loom and some other bits and bobs.
    I love Throttle Bodies

Originally posted by Lewis
    My resolution for 2011 is to sort my fucking car

Comment

• drop me a pm mate with prices...

Comment

• Looks a great build mate. Those braid alloys phwooar

Comment

• Progress is slow and steady, but managing a few hours here and there between work and some tidying up on the 205.

Engine is now in to stay, after a frustrating period of some hokey-cokey. Issues with the CV clearance to the chassis meant I needed to get the welder out and gain some clearance in the strengthening I had already put in, same for both sides;

Re-worked the slam panel to suit the massive manifold;

I got a custom radiator made up from AH Fabrications and made up some brackets to hold it. The standard one wasn't going to fit around the slam panel and the exhaust manifold. I have since made the upper brackets and the mount for the header tank, which is going in the position for the standard PAS tank. I needed to move the radiator so far forward that the opening in the slam panel wasn't big enough, so that got chopped then a return edge put in.

After I get the slam panel painted, I'll be able to get the car mechanically back in one piece again, then concentrate on the wiring which is now on it's 3rd evolution!
          Last edited by Gus; 05-05-2019, 11:37 AM.
          I love Throttle Bodies

Comment

• Mega stuff!!

Comment

• Looking good Gus

Comment

• Nice job on the slam panel mod
                Peugeot Sport Logi

Comment

• Well I guess an update is due again, seeing as that's another milestone passed, the first start!

I still have some, ok a lot, of tidying up to do and some some plastics etc to refit, but it's all connected and running. The satchsift was a phaff to fit in the car, made worse by not being able to open the door fully, lesson learnt on that one!

Current status (note the Emerald sticker is gone Sandy!). I'll get some photos of the third wiring iteration once I have that tidied up too.

Engine block wiring improvements, I re-wired the car side of the engine loom (dash sensors and starter/alternator etc) as the old loom was showing some damage, especially heat damage in the alternator area, now heat shielded the new wiring. Yellow wire is now also sorted out, and the solid state pressure sensor that the DTA ECU references.

For not much reason other that I wanted too, I also added a fuel pressure sensor. I needed to re-route the fuel hoses anyway to suit the 16v, so redone everything in the engine bay with black teflon hose and the addition of another solid state sensor;

Another part I'm chuffed with is the mini dash from Plex Tuning, its CAN driven from the DTA, and can display anything from the ECU. I have programmed in a basic setup for now, but will go a little further and add some alarms.

To prove it starts, still need to have an exhaust made!

I love Throttle Bodies

Comment

• Superb stuff!!!

Comment

• Excellent
                      Mike
                      www.106maxi.co.uk
                      - North West Sports & Saloons Class F 2014 Champion
                      - Winner of Dave Simpson Memorial Trophy

- Britcar 24hour 2015, 2nd in class, 14th O/A
                      - Seat Supercopa

Comment

• Excellent build, the car looks very nice indeed. Great to see the 106's still being kept on the road.

Comment

• Good work Gus.
                          Come play my game.

Comment

• Just read through your build Gus, shame photo bucket messed it up, lovely car mun ​​​​​​

Will you continue updating on here? It's a shame the forum doesn't get used much anymore
                            '94 S1 Cherry Red 106 16v - Winter bomber
                            '88 Miami Blue 205 GTi6 - Project thread
                            '11 Sprint blue Audi S3 - Work horse

Comment

• Cheers lad, yea I'll keep this updated as long as the forum is alive.
                              I love Throttle Bodies

Comment

Working...
                              X