S1 Cherry Red 106 Rallye 16v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S1 Cherry Red 106 Rallye 16v

Hello, recently bought the 106 as a winter car for going back and forth to work, the plan is to tidy her up as I go, she's quite rusty in places but nothing you can't expect for a 21 y/o car - I've given the underneath a good scrape/red oxide primer/re-wax oyl, created a couple holes that will probably need welded before the next mot but nothing major. Lacquer peel is also quite bad - think the plan with that is to get as much lacquer off as I can with the power washer then machine polish what's left as best I can, any advice here would be great as I don't have much experience in bodywork/detailing. After that's done I've got a new set of decals to go on, that'll be about it for the exterior. Pics -

The interior is in quite good condition, bought a new set of floor mats with 106 Rallye badges on them off ebay seem good quality and look tidy. There's a quickshift fitted but no gearstick gaitor/surround looks a little untidy, going to try and fit one from a 205 base model, shouldn't look out of place. The drivers seat side bolster is worn through but the rest is pretty mint - just needs a scrub. There's a sparco deepdish steering wheel fitted atm, thinking about changing it for something closer to the indicator/wiper stalks - if anyone's got something suitable for sale give me a shout. The interior light wasn't working so remove the unit and looks as if the aerial hole has been leaking as everything has gotten rusty, the bulb and bulb holder thingy was f*cked so I've binned it, if anyone has a spare or even complete unit I could buy that'd be handy, here's a pic -

Picture of engine bay -

Where about is the engine number? The plate that is usually on the top left of the engine has been taken off, need it for my insurance.
    Also what are your guys opinions on these alarms?

Wiring doesn't look too great, is there much to completely removing the system?

Cheers,
    Robbie.
    '94 S1 Cherry Red 106 16v - Winter bomber
    '88 Miami Blue 205 GTi6 - Project thread
    '11 Sprint blue Audi S3 - Work horse

That wiring looks nasty. Just trace all the wires back and snip them/remove them. They don't even look soldered so it should be simple enough, if you don't have the keypad immobiliser it's even easier. That looks like the alarm control box bolted to the arch beside the battery.

I'm jealous of your lift, that's a life goal for me.

Good luck with it, drop me a PM when you're shifting it on.

Comment

looks decent project, any plans for it apart fay a tidy?

Comment

Thanks for the help on the alarm, will take a look at the weekend. The lift is my dad's it's very handy, not sure how much more use I'll get out of it - think he's planning a project of his own.

Not got any other plans than tidying it at the moment, have got my 205 project going just now. I'd like to eventually put the rallye back to standard but that won't be anytime soon.

Comment

Looks decent enough for a little run around! Starting to want a little s1 to restore

That alarm wiring is a joke the alarm in my blue S2 was annoyingly good took a while to remove

Comment

5 years later...

After selling the car and then buying it back again, fixing all the rust and sorting it out mechanically, with only a few wee jobs left to do I got it mot'd and started running about whilst waiting for parts, here's a photo of her looking well
            https://flic.kr/p/2jN7RED

One week later first day taking it into work an elderly lady heading towards me crossed my lane to go into a junction without looking, I hit her rear quarter and the car was written off, bought it back from the insurers and managed to salvage most of the parts from it for a future project.
            https://flic.kr/p/2jN7RFv

And thus was the end of L805 LSA, the most fun car I have ever owned

Comment

Working...
            X