my rallye project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my rallye project

decided to ditch my old project thread as it was more of a 'breaking a 106 gti by pictures' thread

so to summarise... i bought a crashed gti donor, broke it for parts and scrapped the shell

i also bought an s2 rallye which wasn't looking great but it was still a good solid base and the only 'mods' were minor bolt ons...

anyway, that was ages ago... beginning of march 2007

today the rallye is almost fully stripped:

messed this one up

Last edited by hank_marvinson; 24-01-2009, 09:50 PM.

some progress!

you having the whole thing resprayed now? whens it being done?

Id rather you than me when u come to put it back together lol
    Last edited by semtex; 03-11-2007, 11:27 PM.

Comment

a full respray would be nice, don't know yet.

waiting on a safety devices cage, could be up to 8 weeks but then got to weld the plating in hopefully around christmas time. need to learn to weld first!
      Last edited by hank_marvinson; 24-01-2009, 09:51 PM.

Comment

cool. what u gunna do it the mean time?

do u have to clean it all or will they do that?

Comment

there's plenty to do in the meantime!! remove all the tar stuff from the floor etc and remove all the plastic bungs from everywhere. probably give it a general clean from where it was under the tree outside my grandads for 3 months!
          Last edited by hank_marvinson; 24-01-2009, 09:52 PM.

Comment

coming on nice m8, i would love to do a car to this extent but i usually get bored half way through and chuck it back together

Comment

it's pretty soul destroying taking it apart every day as there's no real 'progress' but you've just got to focus on the end result!
              Last edited by hank_marvinson; 24-01-2009, 09:53 PM.

Comment

good going chap. but do your gf parents mind a shell on driveway lol!

Comment

my mrs parents have my 106 parked there and 2 gti-6's parked out the back, plus i got 3 306 on my drive oh yeah a 205 at my parents ..................... so if they start about having 1 car on there drive tell em there lucky

Comment

how do you know its at my girlfriends parents house

but nah they dont mind in the slightest, they offered me to do it there - i didn't ask. they're letting me use their garage too to store everything in for the time being which is nice of them
                    Last edited by hank_marvinson; 24-01-2009, 09:54 PM.

Comment

minor update... havent done anything for a few weekends for various reasons

i took all the glass out a little while ago and had the windscreen and rear screen taken out on saturday - the car got soaked in the weather

so today i dried out the car inside and out and made a temporary cover from some plastic sheet while im waiting for a proper cover that i ordered on ebay to arrive. heres a pic

decided on a respray now, had a good quote from a local firm
                      Last edited by hank_marvinson; 24-01-2009, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Nice the bubble car...

Comment

Haha........ wiked mate.

And ive got to be honest, i dont think it would be possible to get a quote cheaper than that, f*ck me. Cant grumble at that fair play.

Rhys.

Comment

Looks like your really going to town on this one! Looking good!

Comment

cant wait till u get it back from the sprayers, will be good to see it finally come together

Comment

Working...
                              X