No announcement yet.

Miami XSi road rally car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom strut bearing cups designed and machined... Will mean I can use my skip brown springs with alloy spherical bearing -1 deg camber top mounts. Took a fair bit of measuring to make sure they keep the same ride height and have enough articulation. Made from stainless!

Comment

A bit of progress has been made! Got an entry in for the Border 100 at the end of April so I need to get cracking! Got the new intake and hose on and started planning out where everything will be going inside!

Comment

New struts are built and fitted with 266mm brakes! Also cut the GTI6 driveshafts so I can tack them together and send them to Be machined and welded at the right length!

Comment

confused as to why you went for spherical top mounts when you're still on standard diameter springs and no camber adjustment, the std bearings last so much longer than the spherical joints!

as widely as they are used for top mounts, they're not really intended for the loads they're placed under.

Comment

Just thought I'd give them a go and see what they're like.. They're -1 deg camber and the bearings can be replaced quite easily! Was going theough a pair of standard tops every few rallies and I know lots running spherical bearings and they last a fair while.. Plus these bearings are cheaper to replace than standard strut tops! No modifications have been done to the shock, so I can just whack the standard back on if these are crap!

Comment

New GTi6 welded shafts have turned up from Colin.. All fitted and no leaks from the gearbox so far :-) Got a rally in less than 2 weeks and still got a massive amount to do!

Comment

Looking good Mike, your going to be burning the midnight oil tho by the sound of it!

Comment

It's always the same with me.. Only being home at weekends means progress is slow! I've done events before and the gearbox is still in pieces on the bench on the morning of the rally! Haha! I've got next week off work so should be ok.. It's still going to be very last minute though, especially with all of the new parts and potential teething issues! Gotta get it through MOT as well!!

Comment

Like it
                    Mike
                    www.106maxi.co.uk
                    - North West Sports & Saloons Class F 2014 Champion
                    - Winner of Dave Simpson Memorial Trophy

- Britcar 24hour 2015, 2nd in class, 14th O/A
                    - Seat Supercopa

Comment

7 days time and the car should be going through scrutineering for the border 100 road rally.. The unions on the old oil cooler was knackered so got a new one of them and my rear bilsteins were leaking so got some new proper gravel Grp N bilsteins! Unlike the ones that Kam Racing sell..

Comment

Where did you buy the Bilstens from? I'm after a spare set
                        Now running a 16v with 180bhp and Sadev sequential.

Partner at Trackspec - Performance parts for enthusiasts
                        info@trackspec.co.uk
                        www.trackspec.co.uk

Comment

The shocks came from spoox.. Kam racing sell what they call the grp N gravel ones. But speaking to Bilstein UK, they say they have never sold them the proper gravel ones. The cost price is more than what Kam retail them at!

Comment

Comment

Looking great! I bet you can't wait to hit the stages now.

Quick question regarding the belt mounts (for the crutch straps), do you find that area slightly flexible? That's where mine are at currently and the floor there bends like mad!

Comment

Yeah it probably is a bit weak, but there's the FIA spec backing plates behind them!

Less than 48 hours to go and it's now got a dashboard!!

Comment

Working...
                                X