No announcement yet.

Miami XSi road rally car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well she made it to the Border 100... What a machine! Everything ran faultless and we finished the event with no issues whatsoever! I haven't competed in about 18months and would have had 2nd in class if it wasn't for a simple plotting error! So relieved that it all works! Some of the wiring was very last minute so got some tidying up to do!

Comment

Comment

Brilliant stuff Mike, great result! Nice simple build which I bet is a good laugh to drive.
        Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity!

Comment

It's awesome fair play.. So much fun! Limiter in 5th comes round in no time though!

I may be in touch soon.. I've noticed you've started developing some bottom arm rear mount strengthening plates/tubes? My rear mounts keep coming loose and elongating the holes!!

Comment

Ok no probs, we have them here and in stock (rarity with us haha) ready to go.
            Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity!

Comment

Thought I'd start a bit of weight saving!

Comment

I've got a rally in 3 weeks time so I've started making progress again..

The seats have been moved backwards slightly and the passenger seat is pretty much on the rear bench! Haha!

Also got fed up with how crap the handbrake has gone.. So I took the rear pads to a friend and he skimmed 0.5mm off them to freshen them up. The handbrake lever has never really Moved far meaning it needs a lot of force to lock it. So I've fitted a fairly uncommon 0.5" master cylinder and now the handbrake is the best it's ever been :-)

Comment

The axle is off at the minute and in need of a new centre beam. Any suggestions of where to get a new centre beam? Was looking at one from IMAxles but have heard some bad things even about the pins being wrong diameter and the bearings having play!

Whilst the beam is off, I've taken the tank off and wire wheeling the floor and whacking some fresh paint on!

Tempted to get some uprated torsion torsion bars. I'm running 185Lb springs on the front and think 21mm bars may be a touch too hard?

Comment

Progress is being made again.. Must mean there's a rally coming up! Haha!

Boot floor has had a freshen up! New centre beam fitted and end spacers shortened to accept 4 radius arm bearings on each side! Also got some 20mm torsion bars ready to go in!

Comment

Looks great, where's the beam come from in the end?

Comment

Centre beam came from IMAxle in the end! Managed to get a bit more done.. Fuel lines are reconnected and sorted a nut gun holder to make my life a bit easier on events!

Also looking at where I can save some extra weight aside from going on a diet! Ha! Removed the metal from the rear seats! One of those jobs that I've never got round to doing.. Took about 10 minutes and probably a good 5kg saved!

Comment

Ha ha ha. Brilliant.

Are the rear seats now just foam and fabric?

Is there a retaining strap on the nut gun?
                          Peugeot Sport Logi

Comment

Yeah the seats are purely foam and fabric now! Bought a tool roll as well so it's easier for me to find the right tool on an event.. The tool bag was just a lucky bag and could never find anything in it! So I'll now use that for my spare oil/water and the odd spare part!

Yeah, I've bought a load of 'cam straps' with one being used to hold the nut gun in! Quicker to use and lighter than a ratchet strap! Will also use them for holding the tool bag and roll in!

Comment

Well the car is back on the road.. It's amazing how much new torsion bars settle once they're fitted, it dropped about 30mm after a short drive! It's now got 20mm torsion bars! Would have liked it to sit maybe 10mm higher but it's close enough for now! Seriously considering converting the front to coilovers so I can adjust the corner weights and set them exactly 15mm lower than the rear.

First fitted:

How she sits now with 30litres of fuel and one spare wheel:

Comment

Do you remember the length that you had to cut the column mate? I'm planning on doing this conversion shortly.
                                Now running a 16v with 180bhp and Sadev sequential.

Partner at Trackspec - Performance parts for enthusiasts
                                info@trackspec.co.uk
                                www.trackspec.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X