X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they the BakerBM top mounts?
    Peugeot Sport Logi

Comment

Not sure on the length I'm afraid! Needs to be machined onto the corsa upper column so the splines fit!

Yes they're BakerBM top mounts. Looking at converting to 2.5" dia springs so I've got some adjustability. Would he perfect with the front about 10mm lower!

Comment

Did my first targa rally at the weekend.. Ended up 5th Overall and 1st Semi-Expert �� Photobucket won't let me upload at the minute

Comment

Result

Any problems or all smooth running with the rally car?
          Peugeot Sport Logi

Comment

No problems at all! Took the abuse all day!

Comment

No updates Mike? Love this thread!!

Comment

Not a lot really.. been on holiday for a few weeks so car is parked up! Did my local novice event a few weeks back in the 'open' class and actually won! Dropped the least time but not eligible for overall awards, so was 1st in class! Was a dry night and car had so much grip!

There's no doubt about it.. I definitely deserve to have snapped a shaft by now! Lost count of the amount of times I've held the handbrake at standstill and dropped the clutch on full lock to get it around something tight! Shows how good Satchell welded shafts are! And they came out of a scrapyard!!

Comment

Think it's the first time I've had the gopro in the car! Took it on a test day quite local to me about 2 weeks ago! Managed to split the fuel tank going over a tyre so that's disconnected ready to swap over! Front struts are off for a freshen up, and the rear trailing arms are off ready to set the height a touch higher now the torsion bars have settled!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BwK...ature=youtu.be

Comment

It sounds the part. Goes well too.

Comment

• Lots of people are impressed when they realise it's internally standard with only 129bhp! haha! The gearbox makes a hell of a difference! One person asked me what bodies it was running.. and another presumed it was circa 170bhp! I've had really mixed feelings about it lately and have come really close to breaking it and starting fresh with something else!

Comment

• Bit the bullet and have finally converted to 2.5" springs! These springs are just borrowed at the minute to test for length. They are 9" 225Lb, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to get away with 10.5" 185Lb... we'll see! Rear beam has been set slightly higher and I've got an S2 tank and pump ready to go in to replace the split S1 tank.

Comment

• 185Lb 10.5" springs fitted and the rear raised up after the new torsion bars settled too low. Back bumper is on and she's pretty much ready for MoT next week.

Comment

• Looks good, when's the next outing?

Comment

• Holrus targa rally start of July, and then 116 targa at the end of July! She flew through MoT again today!

Comment

• Awesome day on the Holrus targa! Managed to miss a code board and got a 2 minute penalty but still finished 3rd in class and 18th overall. Had a bit of clunking from the back which is possibly the ARB end plate. I checked it was tight at the half way halt but could just be as the weight is transitioning from one side to the other.
                                Had some huge air and managd to bend the sump guard and shear the rear bolt heads off. Also bent the fuel tank guard and put a few big dents in the exhaust. Also managed to bottom out the rear suspension... Lost both of the bump stops and bent the floor where they usually mount into.

Other than that she's grand!

Few little tweaks and she's good for the 116 Targa at the end of the month!

Comment

Working...
                                X