S1 Rallye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S1 Rallye

hi guys, been on here for 6 months or so so thought id put a thread up on the life of my rallye in the 6months ive owned it! it was a 110bhp 1.3 that was totally standard.

when i first picked it up it had 12month mot and 6 month tax, dont know how it got the mot as the brakes were shocking, the rear axle was seized solid, 3 bald tyres and the boot floor was a bit rusty!

on the way home the lack of suspension on the back resulted in the boot flooe being pushed up by the axle and causing a bit of damage!

got that fixed up and then got it lowered by rickyp along with s2 steelies

then got the bottom half sprayed as the passenger door had a poor repair, and the new door had a wonky decal so decided to get it tidied up along with the 4 arches, and a new decal set!

then the engine started playing up, it only started to cause problems when it rained so i think water was getting in somewhere!!

so not one for doing things by halves me n rickyp converted the whole car to s2 wiring loom along with sticking the 2 prong 16v engine in!

also refurbed the hole engine bay!

i then attended a cliosport rolling road day and it roaded at 137.2bhp, coupled with the rallye box it doesnt half shift!
    Last edited by craigyt; 13-03-2013, 09:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

then just started tarting it up and swapping things, first off was the battery cover, couldnt find one for ages but managed to get one off a quicksilver!

then got the original s1 steelies banded to 7" wide, making them et-3 approx.

then to updated the engine bay a bit more changed to jp4 rockers

and thats where it stands at the moment! comments n critisism welcome!

cheers

Comment

looks fantastic mate. like the steelies to, how much would they of cost to get done?

Comment

they were 200 to get done

Comment

I'm thinking of getting a set of steels banded too. 7" looks very good although wider would be perfect for hills!
          Now running a 16v with 180bhp and Sadev sequential.

Partner at Trackspec - Performance parts for enthusiasts
          info@trackspec.co.uk
          www.trackspec.co.uk

Comment

if you go any wider there will be problems with tyre to arch scrubbing!, rears have already rubbed the arches back but could do with a bit more taking off

Comment

hubcentric spacers? I'm with you mean it's catching the outer arch?
              Last edited by mattrallye; 20-01-2012, 08:20 PM.
              Now running a 16v with 180bhp and Sadev sequential.

Partner at Trackspec - Performance parts for enthusiasts
              info@trackspec.co.uk
              www.trackspec.co.uk

Comment

im not a fan of the steelies, just a personal opinion though. Rest of the Rallye is lovely, that bay looks amazing, and the shell looks very very clean!
                Jack
                [CENTER][IMG]http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae166/JAMason321/duhwinning-1.jpg?t=1303910563[/IMG][/CENTER]

[CENTER]:s1:[/CENTER]
                [CENTER]I have an unhealthy addiction to this forum! The Rally Register ruined my social life![/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by trophy380 View Post
                  hubcentric spacers? I'm with you mean it's catching the outer arch?
                  yeah on the outer arches, so if you put spacers on it will make it worse, unless you get bands on the inside aswel as outside

Originally posted by JAMason View Post
                  im not a fan of the steelies, just a personal opinion though. Rest of the Rallye is lovely, that bay looks amazing, and the shell looks very very clean!
                  Jack
                  cheers dude, shells not too bad really, when i get the vxr rebuilt this is goin in for the drivers side jacking bit/strengthening piece replacing

Comment

what tyre size are you running on the bannded s1s? looka very nice.

Comment

Went for 185/55/14 as there's not much choice in 14's without a massive change in rolling radius

Comment

Loving those wheels! What sort of places could do that?

Thanks
                        Andy

Comment

cars looking great and totally different to last time i saw it, hope your coming to castleford on 26th?!?

Comment

Only just came across this thread. The car looks superb now mate. Well done, you should be proud of yourself.

I kinda like the banded steels too, how does it handle though? Compared to 6J steels?

Looks great now the bay has been repainted and cleaned up.

Hoyle

Comment

hi dude i presume ur craigyt on the 106 owners? your boot looked as bad as mine is!!! cars looking great now though nice transformation

Comment

Working...
                              X