Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by indigorallye View Post
    Don't wrap it
    Yeah quite a few are now saying that, TBH i think the age of the manifold and having some salty winters when fitted on my old car has killed it.

Comment

Well the manifold arrived from kam racing and all spot on, looks like raceland is a supersprint copy looking at the design so hopefully should be a like for like without affecting the drivability of the map on my car.

No gearbox mount though which i thought was a little odd?

Then offered it up to see how far the bottom sleeved bit needed to be to mate up without issues to the centre pipe.

I did wrap the top half of the manifold in some titanium coloured heat wrap and looks pretty pimp, i know after a while the stainless will discoulor and look abit pant so wanted some wrap/protection on there, i couldn't justify the cost of ceramic coating as pimp as it would have been, you watch 6 months down the line ill have a where the best ceramic coaters, my manifolds cracked haha.

I shall get some pictures of the said heat wrap, i still need to start the car and let the wrap smoke its knackers off.

Comment

I still absolutely love this build
        Shame I couldn't temp you to sell it to me last year

Comment

Well had the car round croft on monday on my birthday, i took the car up not booked onto the bmw day that was being run.

Managed to jump on after dinner.

The car feels so much different with the ASTs and seams a lot more pointy and a very light rear end and caught me out quite scarily heading for "sunny in"!, once i got used to its new characteristics i had an awesome time.

May play about with the damping on my next day to see how that changes things.

Having also passed my B + E towing license this month i have just this week purchased a Brian James clubman trailer.

Spot on for the size as was used for a citroen saxo and came with ratchet straps, some jerry cans, tyre rack and storage box on front, Trailer is really clean and well worth the money i paid.

This should allow me in future to head to those tracks further afield without the worry of not been able to get the car home should something break

Comment

A few photos from croft been posted today via the BMW Club the track day was run through.

Think i need a little more variety in tracks as all my photos on here have mainly been croft!

The weekend just gone i attended the saxperience meet at bolton abbey for the first time, weather was good and the ice cream lady was hot!

A few photos knocking about from there, thanks for the photos if you are reading this.

Comment

the ice cream lady was hot!
              Errr, I think we are missing a photo!
              Mike
              www.106maxi.co.uk
              - North West Sports & Saloons Class F 2014 Champion
              - Winner of Dave Simpson Memorial Trophy

- Britcar 24hour 2015, 2nd in class, 14th O/A
              - Seat Supercopa

Comment

Originally posted by indigorallye View Post
                Errr, I think we are missing a photo!
                If she gave you a cone with no ice cream you still would of been a happy man!

Comment

Mike
                  www.106maxi.co.uk
                  - North West Sports & Saloons Class F 2014 Champion
                  - Winner of Dave Simpson Memorial Trophy

- Britcar 24hour 2015, 2nd in class, 14th O/A
                  - Seat Supercopa

Comment

Working...
                  X