Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16v conversion wont prime

Hello Guys,

Maybe someone can help me out. I did a conversion from a 1.3i XSi to a 1.6 16v engine. The engine loom that came with the engine has two plugs, one black and one grey. I just ignored the grey one for now since, I think, is just oil/water sensor related. I re done the black plug. I only connected the ignition live, fuel pump and stater solenoid. Using a the continuity mode on a multimeter, I verified that the three wires were connected to the correct place. The other wires I cut them off and put them to the side. I bypassed the fuel crash sensor and connected every plug to the engine. The fuel pump is not priming and I cant understand why. My ECU is unlocked and tested. The main relay under the ECU is a new one(black). The grounds are ok! What I'm I missing?

Sorry for my bad English...

If there is no priming, the ECU is not getting power (and nor is the black relay)

The power feed for the engine loom normally comes from the starter motor.

You definitely have connected the ground wire from the gearbox to the strut tower/bodywork?

Comment

Originally posted by MHR1294 View Post
      If there is no priming, the ECU is not getting power (and nor is the black relay)

The power feed for the engine loom normally comes from the starter motor.

You definitely have connected the ground wire from the gearbox to the strut tower/bodywork?
      The ground point on the gearbox only has two wires, one that comes from the negative of the battery and the other wire connects to the engine loom. The negative on the battery has two wires, one goes to the ground point on the gearbox and the other goes to a screw in the bodywork. Both grounds are good.

The ECU and the main relay are getting power. I checked both and the ECU has positive and negative power. The main relay gets 12v positive too. The strange thing is that when the ECU tells the main relay to start, its suppose to send 12v negative to the relay(since the relay gets 12v positive from the battery) and when this happens, the ECU is not capable of delivering 12v negative but instead only deliveries about 5v to 7v negative. Looks like something is shorting or something is drawing too much power and the ECU is not capable of delivering the proper 12v negative. I already checked fuel pump, coil, injectors and none are shorting or taking too much power. I tried with 2 know good ECU's and 3 know good relay(one brown too) and same result. I can't understand what is happening but is driving me crazy.

Comment

Hello Guys,

I just found that the engine loom that I have is from a saxo 1.1 or 1.4 or 1.6 8v but not from a 1.6 16v. Thats why it doesnt work. Thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
        X