X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads cross-reference

Hi guys
    I have some questions
    Is the 1.3 rallye head similar to 1.6 ralllye head?
    Or similar to 1.6 TU 8V head?
    Ports diameters, valve sizes...
    Anybody let me know about it?

From what I can remember, the 1.3 and 1.6 heads are the same.

So all "big" bearing 8 valve cylinder heads with multi point injection are identical. Non roller rocker type.

a 1.1 cylinder head would be the same, as long as it meets above. Valves etc are all the same. A friend of mine used valves from a 1.1 Saxo to repair his Rallye cylinder head.

Comment

Originally posted by MHR1294 View Post
      A friend of mine used valves from a 1.1 Saxo to repair his Rallye cylinder head.
      That is something I highly doubt is possible. 1.1 head is totally different, with smaller valves and smaller chamber, different intake bolt patern, only the exhaust bolt pattern is the same.

But it is true that the 1.3 and 1.6rallye heads are the same casting. I would also add 1.4xsi and 1.6xsi heads.
      The same goes for cams, the same part number for 1.3rallye/1.6xsi/rallye, only 1.4xsi is a little different in specs, but not by much.
      my project thread:
      -->Click!<--

Comment

Originally posted by drmo View Post
        That is something I highly doubt is possible. 1.1 head is totally different, with smaller valves and smaller chamber, different intake bolt patern, only the exhaust bolt pattern is the same.

But it is true that the 1.3 and 1.6rallye heads are the same casting. I would also add 1.4xsi and 1.6xsi heads.
        The same goes for cams, the same part number for 1.3rallye/1.6xsi/rallye, only 1.4xsi is a little different in specs, but not by much.
        I went digging and found a picture of the engine, it wasn't a 1.1 the cylinder head was from a Saxo VTR 90ps model!

Did some digging on Servicebox this morning.

So, there's only 2 "sets" of valves. Sports and Non sports.

1.3/1.6 Rallye heads all take the same valves.
        1.4 engines with 90-100hp all use the same valves. (basically all the Iron Block 1.4 engines)
        All Saxo 1.6 8v engines use this valves too.

The smaller valves are 1.0,1.1,1.4.

I don't have a size for the Rallye valve, but the smaller valves are listed as 36.8mm Intake and 29.4mm Exhaust.

Comment

Big valve heads have:
          intake: 39.4mm valve head diam, 111.7mm stem length, 7mm stem diam.
          exhaust: 31.3mm valve head diam, 111.5mm stem length, 7mm stem diam.

1.4 iron block engines that have 90-100hp, have the big valve head, all other (sub 90hp 1.4 iron block), have the smaller valve heads (pug 205, cit ax, etc.).
          my project thread:
          -->Click!<--

Comment

Ohh that's useful

never thought about the older 1.4's from the 205 and the AX

Comment

Working...
            X