X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A powerful city car

Hello friends
    I have a Peugeot 206 with a tu3jp engine
    I want to use the tu5jp4 block. Because this block is abundant and cheap in my country.
    I want to use the Stroke crankshaft and the piston from renault k4m 690 engine
    At the end the engine volume 1687cc
    for head i want to use cat cams 645
    But which cylinder head do I use? tu3jp or tu5j2??
    my target is 140hp on wheel

There is no need, you can tune the TU5JP4 engine to make 140hp at the wheels without changing the capacity.

Keep the 16 valve head, it's better. It makes more torque at ALL rpm. Get 1322703 camshafts with standard pulleys, but for the power you want, you'll probably need harder valve springs and adjustable pulleys and an 825/6 camshafts.

You're probably going to need throttle bodies to get 140hp at the wheels, although it's not impossible to do this with the standard inlet manifold.

I wouldn't be chasing power numbers, you'll just get disappointed.

the K4M crankshaft won't fit into the TU5 block, they're completely different engines as far as I know.

Comment

i have to pay extra for 16 valve engine (ecu,wiring&many think)
      for example I'll pay half the money to buy camshaft and headers ,......
      Also, the cost of repairing and maintaining a 8valve engine is much less than a 16valve
      for crankshaft we use crankshaft of ef7 engine (it,s an iranian engine) and for piston i use k4m piston,s
      In general, as I calculate, it is much easier and less expensive to achieve this power with the 8v engine

Comment

Originally posted by ramin_206ir View Post
        i have to pay extra for 16 valve engine (ecu,wiring&many think)
        for example I'll pay half the money to buy camshaft and headers ,......
        Also, the cost of repairing and maintaining a 8valve engine is much less than a 16valve
        for crankshaft we use crankshaft of ef7 engine (it,s an iranian engine) and for piston i use k4m piston,s
        In general, as I calculate, it is much easier and less expensive to achieve this power with the 8v engine
        Okay, I understand now.

Let us know how well it works

Comment

I am curious to see how are you going to match all these renault parts to a PSA engine as it is something like trying to fit a baby swim suit to a 50 year old man...

Comment

Originally posted by ST1300 View Post
            I am curious to see how are you going to match all these renault parts to a PSA engine as it is something like trying to fit a baby swim suit to a 50 year old man...
            But they're all made in France!

Comment

Working...
            X