This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Weight Comparison Table

*NB these measurments have come from various sources, if anyone has any more information to add, please PM me and i will add them to the table

Will get you a weight of a super L without tyre later as I have one at home.

Comment

superleggera with tyre- 13kgs.
      Lotus Elise Sport 160S. its half rover, half something else, but its 100% fun. in the wet, with semis. ooer.

Comment

Depends on compound, make etc... some tyres weigh less than others

Comment

Now this is a seriously useful table, nice work.

Why would the steel 14" vary as much?? measurement errors or wheel errors??

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick F
            Depends on compound, make etc... some tyres weigh less than others
            true, mine were with yoko a539. i have bridgestone RE720's coming to will weigh them.
            Lotus Elise Sport 160S. its half rover, half something else, but its 100% fun. in the wet, with semis. ooer.

Comment

error in measurement is significant as most were weighed using bathroom scalesoops , but still gives you an idea.

Comment

Just goes to show that you can't beat a steel

Comment

Ford WRC mags , 16", 14.2 kgs with tyre

Comment

just weighed my brand new bridgestone potenza RE720 185 55 R14's they are 7.8 kg per tyre.

Comment

Originally posted by rallye_matt
                      Just goes to show that you can't beat a steel
                      While I agree to a certain extent I could disprove that with a large lump hammer

Comment

Good idea to have a table like this. Just hope you can get it accurate.
                        http://106rallyemk1.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/

Comment

Nice table thats useful to have. I'm suprised the gti alloys are lighter than xsi alloys, especially as tyres are bigger on gti! Thats a good thing though as i'll be using gti as a temporary measure til i can afford proper wheels...

Comment

Speedline Turini 15" w/o tyre, 8kgs
                            dunc

been there, done that... got trailered home!

Comment

our formula student wheels and tyres that i may be after borrowing as they are a ford fitment.

wheels are 6"x13". and weigh in at 5.54kg. They are compomotive cxr's.I have pics but dont know how to post.I imagine theres still plenty of room for big discs tho but i have never seen the back of a rallye steel.

hoosier 20.0x13x6 (both??) tyres. dry 5.357kg wet 5.228 kg.The lad weighing them took an average of all four with a proper balance.

Hope this helps someone,
                              Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X