Talk to me about 13" wheels and tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Caterham-7...item20e5e39f34

Thats what you want, i ran them when i hit the hills, just on road tyres though. If you keep your eye out there should be some coming up for sale as Caterham have changed the wheels they are using on their cars

Ive still got the hubcentric spacers too if you want them
    Last edited by martyadd; 23-05-2014, 03:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

I can't imagine they go cheaply?.. I bet they're light though! However I won the auction for the minilites in the link I posted above, so I need to make a trip up to N Wales to collect them. They're the right offset too, so hopefully bar having the spigots machined they'll bolt straight on

Cheers for the info though and if I'm after some spacers I'll drop you a line!

Ta
      Rich
      No longer a Rallye owner :(
      '86 Porsche 944 turbo
      '95 Impreza STI Wagon

Comment

Yeah Minilites! Good choice!
        Now running a 16v with 180bhp and Sadev sequential.

Partner at Trackspec - Performance parts for enthusiasts
        info@trackspec.co.uk
        www.trackspec.co.uk

Comment

I took a trip up to north Wales to collect the Minilites so I'm now working through making them fit, they're ET13 so they should fill the arches nicely They're going off to a mates workshop to have the spigots machined out this week, but it need to sort out some longer bolts so I wonder if anyone has any experience of this?

The wheels are Ford fitment so the bolts are a larger diameter, as are the taper faces. It appears I need bolts that are approx 7mm longer when measuring the pug bolts dropped into the larger ford lugs. However I'm not overly comfortable with the idea of running too small tapers in the lugs as obviously the car is driven hard! Ford bolts don't seem to be an option as the thread pitch is x1.5mm as opposed to x1.25mm Peugeot fitment. Maybe some longer flat faced bolts could be an option...

Any thoughts chaps?

Ta!
          '86 Porsche 944 turbo
          '95 Impreza STI Wagon

Comment

Go for a stud and nut conversion instead Rich.
            Now running a 16v with 180bhp and Sadev sequential.

Partner at Trackspec - Performance parts for enthusiasts
            info@trackspec.co.uk
            www.trackspec.co.uk

Comment

Probably the best idea Matt! Rally Design seem to be well stocked on hardware... I can just buy two sets of nuts then (I hope!). They do list bits for Pug wheels on Ford hubs, but not the other way around. I'll call them for advice I think.
              '86 Porsche 944 turbo
              '95 Impreza STI Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by mattrallye View Post
                Go for a stud and nut conversion instead Rich.
                +1 also if the tapered holes in the wheels are much wider you'll need these type of nuts
                http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WHEEL-BOLT...item27d85f51b7
                there classed as ford ghia nuts(for fitting OE ford alloys)
                but looking at them you can just stick the washers on some pug bolts.
                ford nuts are m12 x 1.5 and pug nuts are m12 x 1.25 so the washers should work
                Last edited by AzzAW93; 26-05-2014, 09:06 PM.
                just another man on 4 studs

Mike is my hero, I love him.

Comment

Thanks Azza, I'll order some of these later then so I'll be swap between pug and ford type wheels :-)

http://www.raceways.co.uk/Conversion...lloy_wheel.htm
                  '86 Porsche 944 turbo
                  '95 Impreza STI Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by richair View Post
                    Thanks Azza, I'll order some of these later then so I'll be swap between pug and ford type wheels :-)

http://www.raceways.co.uk/Conversion...lloy_wheel.htm
                    even better!
                    i wish i knew about those when i had my capri laser alloys lol
                    just another man on 4 studs

Mike is my hero, I love him.

Comment

i dont mean to ruin a thread with my questions but ive been looking at different wheel options. mine is a track car and im currently running rallye steels but my breaks get hot behind them.

i love the thought of the caterham wheels im sure theyd look awesome and do me just fine with the bonus of cheaper tyres.
                      im running 266mm disks and hispecs and when it comes to wheel dimensions and measurements im truely clueless, are they a straight fit and if not what would i need for them to get on and would they clear the brakes.

again sorry for being off topic.

Comment

Working...
                      X